CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Today is my mom's birthday. She's probably over in Baton Rouge doing something to serve either my dad or one of my three siblings, or one of her 16 grandkids. That's just the kind of gal she is... a servant.

I don't think I ever fully appreciated my mother and all she did/does until I became a mom of four little kids close together and know all that goes into it. But, my mom isn't just any other mom, she's the kind of mom that had homecooked meals around the table EVERY night. The kind of mom who gave up every one of her Saturday mornings to make the children's choir at church OUTSTANDING, which, by the way, I know is responsible for training me to sing. And the kind of mom who took us shopping on the weekends just for the fun of a girl's day out. I still look forward to those days as an adult too!

First and foremost my mom is a terrific example of a dedicated wife. She has always loved my dad with the uptmost sincerity and been his top supporter. Her love and devotion to him is an example to all wives out there. She's his best friend and would do anything to bless him. What a beautiful example.

I love you, Mom. I miss being able to drop by your house and just visit. I miss you seeing my kids grow up on a daily basis and them getting to benefit daily from your servant spirit. Thank you for all of the hours you put in praying for me and helping me be a better me. It has not gone unnoticed! Happy Birthday! I love you!

0 comments: