CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kate and Caroline!



Today is such a special day for me. Both of my girls were born on November 5th. The first cool air of fall always reminds me of the sweet days I brought my fall babies home. I will never forget the moment Kate was born. Being my first baby I was absolutely awestruck at the process of giving birth and how amazing God is to have come up with a plan so sweet.

I remember 11 years ago holding my little 8 lbs 13 oz Kate and being on cloud nine because I had a baby girl. Her delivery was the least painful of the four. I had the best epidural of the four too, but I did have trouble right after she was born. I'm not sure what it's called, but my uterus wouldn't contract back by itself and I had too much blood loss which caused me to feel extremely weak for quite a while after her birth. But, all in all, her delivery was fantastic!

Then, two precious years later, my little 7 lb 5 oz Caroline was born. I remember the whole experience feeling like deja vu. We parked in the same parking space, had the same birthing room and Kate was born at 5:34 and Caroline at 4:34. It was just too wierd.


I was THRILLED to have two girls so close together. I remember Caroline's delivery as being the most painful of the four. I was not as impressed with the epidural guy that worked the day she was born. Something just didn't take quite right, but none the less, I had my sweet Caroline.

I wanted to post some pictures of Kate's 2nd birthday party that took place on my hospital bed at Hillcrest the day Caroline was born. It was a precious moment.


It's an interesting thing having my girls share their birthday. My sister and I also share a birthday 2 years apart. It's a very special bond that my sister and I have. I can't stand to be apart from her on our birthday. It just makes me feel like a part of me is missing. So far, my girls have sometimes complained about sharing a birthday, but all in all, I think they wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Birthday, Girls!

5 comments:

Chastity said...

Happy Birthday Girls! We miss you!
Uncle Rob & Chastity

Rose said...

That is SO COOL that you and your sister share a birthday as well.

Kylie said...

that is SO neat that they share a birthday and you and your sister do, too! what are the odds?!
Hope they have had a very happy birthday!! what a sweet post :)

Having It All said...

That was so sweet! What a special thing that two generations of sisters share birthdays!

Nicki W. said...

sweet post! love that they share a birthday! brent and reese may share one coming up! we'll have to wait and see...